Thursday 8 May 2014

33 Weeks, Countdown is On!

Hard to believe we have only 6 weeks left until we are at 40 weeks! Every morning I wake up feeling ambitious to do a million things but by mid-day all I would like to do is nap.... My list of things to accomplish is growing by the moment. I think the panic is starting to set in "this will be the last 6 weeks of my life to have time to myself & to get things done". Everyone I know has recently told me their birth stories (some really great & others not so great). Main thing I'm trying to remember from these stories is chances of the baby being healthy are 90%. Mothers give birth every single day across the world. The female body is meant to do this! Plus the benefit of meeting our little girl at the end is all worth it! 

Baby girl is the size of a pineapple this week. Weighing in at almost 5 lbs! She's keeping me up a lot more at night now. Very active! I don't know what's going on in there, perhaps a dance party? I think it happens to be right on top of my bladder.  I'm getting up a few times throughout the night ( a lot of pelvic pain as well). Who needs sleep anyways? I believe this happens in the third trimester just to prepare the soon to be momma's of an interrupted sleep pattern. 

For the most part we feel ready for her arrival. My husband ordered our last "big purchase" today, the baby monitor. We went with the D-Link wifi baby monitor. It really is amazing how technology has advanced so much. We can control it from our smartphones & iPads! My next thing to do is get the hospital bag ready. I think I have an idea of what to bring but any helpful suggestions would be great! 


Melissa xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment