Tuesday 5 August 2014

6 Weeks

I am seriously wondering how 6 weeks already went by! Wow... I guess that's what happens when you have a baby. I felt like the first month of Avery's life I somewhat went into survival mode (of course after the adrenaline wore off from having a new baby). All I could really do every day was "get through". I think sleep deprivation, hormones & a new little human to care for finally set in. Newborns are harder than I imagined. Everybody says "oh newborns are so easy because all they do is eat & sleep". All I kept wishing for was for our baby to get past the newborn phase so we could get to know her adorable personality. Well here we are at 6 weeks & I couldn't be more in love with her & her personality. She is such a joy! It's non stop smiles all day long (don't get me wrong she does have her grumpy moments) She will even wake up in the middle of the night smiling at me... Melt my heart! She's very responsive now as well. Makes the cutest coo's when having her diaper changed.  Analyzing our faces & turning her head when she hears our voices. It's also so special to see the bond between her & Dad. He's so great with her. It's nice to have him more involved now too as the beginning seems like it's all about Mom & baby. She gets excited every time she hears his voice. I look forward to all the special moments the two of them will have together. She is chubbing up quite well, all the little rolls are starting on her arms & legs. We can't get enough of her these days! 

I decided to quickly do some photos of Avery this morning before her nap. Since we have a great camera I thought I would put it to use. We didn't get newborn photos done the timing didn't seem right & I thought it might be a bit much having wedding, maternity, delivery & newborn photos all done in one year! 












Melissa xo


1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful!! And I completely relate. The newborn phase was very challenging but the smiles always melted me!

    ReplyDelete