Wednesday 9 January 2019

Christmas 2018

As some of you may know, we always put our Christmas decor quite early (as in mid November). I dreamed of decorating for Christmas when we were house hunting. Every house we viewed I thought to myself  “what would this space look like at Christmas?” I went with a minimal look. Neutrals mixed with rose gold & a bit of red. 

We had a heck of time getting our lights to work & then finding the right color of lights for our tree. But that’s the stuff that makes it fun, right? I just couldn’t justify tossing our tree & buying another one (do you know how long those things sit in a landfill, yikes!) So with our tree in the corner of the living room, a simple garland over the fireplace with eucalyptus & bottle brush trees, fresh cut greenery for the tabletop & some twinkle lights I was good! 

















I finally purged all tree decorations that had been sitting in my storage boxes for years. It felt great to pass along what was no longer serving me. 

Melissa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment